Christmas Ideas: Snowman Ornament
This snowman decoration looks good hung on the tree or even around your neck.
- Wooden beads: three sizes, large to small (unpainted beads work best)
- Wooden spool
- Black pipe cleaner
- Black button
- White and black craft paint
- Wooden toothpick
- Orange marker
- Small screw or push pin
- Fine tip black marker
- Red and white bakery twine
- Gather all the supplies. Look around the house for loose buttons, colored twine, toothpicks and wooden beads in your kids' toy boxes. Have your child join in the search.
- Have him paint the beads white and the spool black; set them aside to dry. Then color the tip of the toothpick orange with the marker.
- Snip a piece of the toothpick to create the carrot nose. Help your child make a hole for the carrot nose in the center of the smallest bead with a screw or push pin.
- Have him dip the toothpick end in glue and push into the hole to make the nose.
- Make eyes with a fine point black marker.
- Fold the pipe cleaner in half and string all the pieces together, as shown.
- Bend the bottom ends to keep the larger bead in place.
- Add a string scarf; you can also use red and white pipe cleaners
- Hang on the tree or let your child wear it as a necklace by adding a knotted ribbon.