Hanukkah Ideas: Marshmallow Dreidels
These delicious dreidels will really get the kids spinning!
- Jumbo marshmallows:Don't buy mini-marshmallows or you'll end up with teeny-tiny dreidels!
- Hershey's Kisses:One for each dreidel (and extras for you to munch on while your kids work)
- Thin pretzel sticks
- Vanilla frosting
- One tube blue decorator's icing:The shiny stuff that comes in a ready-to-draw tube
- Have the kids attach a Hershey's Kiss to the top of a marshmallow using a big blob of vanilla icing as glue.
- Next, they should turn the dreidel over and carefully push a pretzel stick through the other end of the marshmallow for a handle.
- Let the kids use the blue icing to carefully write "nun," "gimel," "hay" and "shin" on the sides of the marshmallow. You can see how to make the Hebrew letters at Virtual Chanukah. (If that's too messy—or too much work!—just decorate the dreidel with some dots and stripes. They're just going to eat it anyway!)
- If the kids can stand the wait, have them spin their dreidels a few times before they devour them.
- Get creative! Use sprinkles or food coloring pens to dress up your dreidels! Talk about tasty Hanukkah ideas!