Holiday Planning: Holiday Countdown Chain
This holiday craft will make everyone merry with good cheer throughout the year.
- Red and green construction paper
- Stapler, tape or glue stick
- Kid-safe scissors
- Cut paper strips from construction paper approximately 2" x 8".
- Staple, glue or tape strips to form links, as you would any paper chain.
- Depending on the number of days till Christmas, Hanukkah or Kwanzaa, number the loops from 1 up to 24 (24 will be at the top of the chain and 1 at bottom).
- Hang the chain from a doorway or hook.
- Each day remove one loop from the chain.
- Consider making one chain for each of your kids.
- This is also a great idea for counting down to any big event such as a birthday or vacation.