Holiday Planning: 6 Clever Ways to Countdown to the Holidays
Starting to think about holiday planning? From traditional advent calendars to uber-creative crafts, we've rounded up some of the most deliciously adorable ways to head off your kid's "how many days 'til..." questions!
- The best part this cute chalkboard subway sign is that you count down by simply changing the number on the round chalkboard part of the sign each day!
- Each of these countdown bags has a daily seasonal activity and a treat inside. You can simply display the bags together or hide them and have your kids hunt for a bag each day!
- Even the least crafty among us can make this adorable countdown calendar using wrapping paper and a package (or two) of gum! Yum!
- This countdown calendar in an over-the-door shoe organizer - requires very little prep (plus it's also completely functional as a shoe holder the rest of the year!).
- I love this beautiful traditional advent calendar. Each pocket holds a felt ornament to hang on the tree.
- Counting down with a wrapped book a day keeps children's desire to peek at wrapped gifts at bay! (Tip: You can re-use the same books each year!)
Most of these ideas are for Christmas, but could just as easily be used for Hanukkah, Kwanza or whatever holiday you're celebrating, with minor changes.