Here are some of our most asked questions!
How do I upload a profile picture?
How do I upload pictures and information for my kids?
Can I edit or delete my post?
How do I submit a birth story?
How do I add someone as a friend?
How do I send someone a private message?
How do I write on someone's Profile page?
How do I sign up for newsletters?
What's a bootcamp? How do I join one?
I won a prize!! What do I do?
How do I cancel my account?
Understanding message board lingo
1. Go to your Profile page.
2. Click on the blue "Edit Profile" link right above your pear picture.
3. Click on the blue "Edit My Account" link at the top of the page.
4. See where it says Profile Photo in red? Good! Now all you have to do us upload a picture from your computer! It can be ANYTHING!
5. You're GORGEOUS!!
How To Upload Pictures and Information Of Your Kids:
1. Go to your Profile page.
2. Click on the blue "Edit Profile" link above your profile photo.
3. Click the blue "Edit My Kid's Info" link at the top of the page.
4. Add some info about your kid: your relationship, their name, sex, birthday and interests, then click SAVE.* Once you do, a blue "Upload Child Avatar" link will appear.
5. Click the blue "Upload Child Avatar" link and upload one of the thousands of cute pics you have of your kids!
6. If you have more than one child, click the orange "ADD ANOTHER KID" button and tell us all about that kid! (Follow the same steps 4-5.)
7. If you want your kids' info to be public, click the little Public? Box. (fyi: people need to be registered on the site to see your profile.)
Currently, you aren't able to edit posts — remember, we're not perfect, we're parents!! We're working on that functionality, however! If you have a post which you feel contains information which needs to be removed, please click on the blue "report abuse" link directly underneath the post in question. Choose a reason, and leave a comment describing what specifically you would like edited, and we'll take care of it ASAP!
To submit a birth story, hover your cursor over where it says "your kids" on the ParentsConnect home page. In the "baby" column, click on the third choice down, which says "submit a birth story." When you have completed all fields, click "submit". Viola! You have just submitted content to the site which will be read by parents all over the world! And WE can't wait to read it, too!!
Making friends on ParentsConnect is quick and easy! The quickest way is to click on the icon that looks like a little person with a + next to it directly underneath a member's avatar and member name when browsing the boards. You can also add someone by visiting their profile and clicking on "add as friend" in the pink bar.
See that icon that looks like an envelope directly underneath a member's avatar? Just click and send away! You can also send someone a private message by visiting their profile and clicking on "send a message" in the pink bar. These messages are private to everyone but you and the person to whom you are writing.
See the pen and paper icon directly underneath a member's avatar? That allows to write on their board! You can also view and write on a member's board by visiting their profile and clicking on "write on board" in the pink bar.
Sign up for one (or all) of our newsletters so we can give you recipes for the week, fun things to do with your kids, info on the latest and greatest sweepstakes, local deals and coupons and info about your baby or child's development. This way you don't have to search all over the web for it!
1. Go to your Profile page.
2. Click on the blue "Edit Profile" link above your profile picture.
3. Click on the blue "Manage Newsletter Subscriptions" link.
4. Sign up for all of the ones that you like! Then click the green SUBMIT button at the bottom of the page.
Our bootcamps are month long, online, "how-to" programs, hosted by an expert, geared to helping you, your kids or your family make some sort of change or shift in you lives. We cover everything from how to get your groove back to how to get your kid to sleep to how to feed your family delicious (and healthy) foods. They're fun, interactive, inspiring, and DAILY so you can come back every day for a new tip or idea from our expert! BONUS: Every time you post on one of the boot camps, you're entered for the chance to win a prize!
To JOIN all you need to do is...
1. Log in or register for ParentsConnect.GO!
2. Find our current bootcamps, listed in by title in our community center.
3. REPLY to the questions in all of the posts (this will enter you to WIN a prize!).
4. Come back every day to get more tips and more chances to win!
Congrats! Winning is the BEST!! No need to contact us, you'll be officially notified by our fulfillment house within 1 month after the party to confirm your mailing address. (There's a whole lotta legal mumbo jumbo we need to get through first!) Make sure to check the e-mail you used to register here—because if we don't hear back from you, another winner will need to be selected and you don't want that! You'll get your prize within 8 weeks. ENJOY!!
We HATE to see you go, but if you must, click the contact us link at the bottom of the site and we will take care of canceling your account.
When your GP is PC, it's a PITA to write full words, KWIM? These abbreviations will help you understand WTH people are talking about on the message boards.
AF: Aunt Flow (your period)
AP: attachment parenting
BBT: basal body temperature
BC: birth control
BD: baby dance (sex)
BFN: big fat negative
BFP: big fat positive
BTDT: been there, done that
BTW: by the way
CAF: create a family (name games)
CD: cycle day
CIO: cry it out
CM: cervical mucus
DC: darling child
DD: darling daughter
DF: darling fiancé
DH: darling husband
DPO: days past ovulation
DS: darling son
DSD: darling stepdaughter
DSS: darling stepson
DW: darling wife
EBF: exclusively breastfeeding
EBM: expressed breast milk
EDD: estimated due date
EN: extended nursing
ETA: edited to add
EWCM: egg white cervical mucus
FF: formula feeding/fed
FTR: for the record
FWIW: for what it's worth
FYI: for your information
GP: guilty pleasure
HPT: home pregnancy test
HTH: hope this helps
IMHO: in my humble opinion
IMO: in my opinion
IRL: in real life
ITA: I totally agree
j/k: just kidding
KWIM: know what I mean
JMO: just my opinion
LMAO: laughing my ass off
LMP: last menstrual period
LOL: laughing out loud or laugh out loud
LP: luteal phase
MC or M/C: miscarriage
MIA: missing in action
NIP: nurse in public
NMS: not my style
NMSAA: not my style at all
NTNP: not trying, not preventing
OH: other half (as in, your partner)
OMG: oh my God, oh my gosh
OP: original poster
OPK: ovulation predictor kit
OT: off topic
OTOH: on the other hand
PC: Parents Connect
PCOS: polycystic ovarian syndrome
PITA: pain in the ass
PM: private message
POAS: pee on a stick
PP: previous poster/s
ROFL: rolling on the floor laughing
SAHM: stay at home mom
SO: significant other
TIA: thanks in advance
TMI: too much information
TTC: trying to conceive
VBAC: vaginal birth after Cesarean
WAHM: work at home mom
WDYT: what do you think
WOHM: work outside of home mom
WTH: what the hell
YMMV: your mileage may vary
Don't see what you're looking for? Leave a comment below and let us know what you need to know!