Catt Sadler's Family -Fun Movie Night Tips
Whether it's a new movie in theaters or a good find on Netflix, we'll all watch a movie together at least once a week for a night of family fun. Both boys are old enough now that we can genuinely enjoy our time together at the movie theater. It's such a fun family tradition!
Here are my five best tips for making family movie night a night to remember!
- Make sure there are NO interruptions! Put down your phones. Turn off the computers. Lock the front door. Create an atmosphere that doesn't allow for distractions! This is quality family-fun time, and movies were made to be watched with all of your attention!
- Prepare delish movie snacks ahead of time! Decide what you're going to serve in advance. Don't wait until halfway through the film to tend to your cravings. Have everyone's treats prepped beforehand and have them within reach once the movie has begun so you don't have to get up and pause the film.
- Get comfy! Take your shoes off. Grab your favorite blankets and pillows! Movie night is about cuddling up and comfortably watching a film as a family.
- Be on schedule! Be careful not to start a movie too late. I learned that one the hard way. Time after time I would make a big effort to get a movie and 10 minutes into it, everyone was asleep! Schedule a time when no one's too tired and can make it the distance!
- Talk about the film afterwards! I always love to chit-chat with my boys after we watch a film. I ask them, "What was your favorite part? Why did so-and-so do what they did? What character did you relate to most?" And if it's a movie franchise they're really into, they can give you the whole backstory!