Jo Gartin's Pizza Birthday Party Ideas for Kids
Here are my tips for throwing your kids a pizza party topped with fun!
- Make fun invitations! Send out pizza-inspired invitations. Have the kids draw a pizza, scan it in and send a virtual invitation. Or create your own version of a pizza delivery menu and and mail it as a paper invite.
- Get the kids involved! For my last pizza party, I made all the kids chefs. I bought individual pizza bases and let the kids spread their own sauce, sprinkle their own cheese and choose their own toppings. For a personal touch, have the kids write their names on little flags and insert them into their pizzas when they come out of the oven.
- Plan a pizza-inspired craft! Keep the kids busy between bites with a fun craft or project. Cut paper plates into pizza slices and invite the kids to decorate them. You can also line the table with Kraft paper and put a bundle of crayons by each place setting so the kids can doodle between pizza bites.
- Play pizza-inspired games! Play pin-the-pepperoni on the pizza or musical pizza. Scatter paper plate pizzas on the ground (instead of using chairs) and when the music stops kids have to stand on the pizza.
- Keep it simple! Finally, you don't have to throw a big, fancy bash to have a fun pizza party. Keep it low-key by ordering pizza in, using paper plates and cups. It's low maintenance for you, high on the fun scale for your kids!
Jo Gartin is a celebrity event planner and wedding coordinator. She has planned events for celebs like Brooke Shields, Tim Allen, Molly Shannon, Taye Diggs, Isla Fisher and MORE! To learn more, visit her website!