The Neelys on How to Throw a 4th of July BBQ
Here are our tips for throwing your own fabulous 4th of July BBQ!
- Plan the menu! Try to have your menu planned prior to party. We always like to have some great Memphis BBQ, a non-pork item for the older members of the family, side-items, homemade ice cream and a great dessert station where people can self serve themselves.
- Start cooking the day before! Prep anything you can at least a day or so in advance. This is particularly useful with special marinades or sauces.
- Serve a signature drink! Have a signature 4th of July Cocktail. Our favorites are a Berry Sangria and lemonade with berries for a non-alcoholic choice. Be sure to make a non-alcoholic version so the kids can have some too&madash;theyll love feeling all grown up!
- Embrace the theme! Decorate to fit the 4th of July theme with red, white and blue and make sure to have some games laid out to keep things fun and energetic.
- Have fun! It doesn't take much for our home to turn into a party station! Gina is a fantastic host. People love to come over because they know Gina will be the life of the party. So always enjoy yourself and remember people came to visit with you!