Apps for Moms: 5 Frighteningly Fun Halloween Apps
Hey moms, Halloween is right around the corner! So get yourself and the kids into the Halloween spirit with these scary-fun Halloween apps!
- Carve It! Pumpkin Carving (99 cents, iPhone, iPad, iPod Touch)
This app is bound to be a favorite for moms: Carve It! lets you carve a pumpkin ... without all the messy pumpkin guts! Then, add a light and share your creepy creation. (Hey, Android users! Download Carve a Pumpkin from the Android Market!)
- Scary Sounds (Free, iPhone, iPad, iPod Touch)
This app has one purpose: to produce super-spooky sound effects! It has tons of eerie sounds—from Demonic Laughter to Howling to Screeching—to get you in the Halloween groove! (Psst—there's also a free app in the Android Market called Halloween Soundboard!)
- The Legend of Spookley the Square Pumpkin ($1.99, iPhone, iPad, iPod Touch, Android)
The popular childrens' book The Legend of Spookley the Square Pumpkin comes to life in this interactive app! It helps kids learn to read by highlighting words as they're read. And really little kids can watch and listen as the book reads itself!
- Zombie Pizza (99 cents, iPhone, iPad, iPod Touch)
Fun fact: Zombies love pizza (and really, who doesn't?). Whip up pizzas—complete with eyeballs, guts and bones—and feed them to zombies to avoid a frightful fate!
- A Halloween Trick-or-Treat Game: Candy Catch (99 cents, iPhone, iPad, iPod Touch)
Halloween. Candy. Cuteness. Does it get any better? Satisfy your sweet tooth with this addicting game where you—you guessed it—catch falling candy!