ParaNorman Movie Party Rules
1. NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN A PRIZE. A PURCHASE WILL NOT INCREASE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING.
2. PROMOTION PERIOD/ENTRY DEADLINE: The ParentsConnect ParaNorman Movie Party Games ("Promotion") begins at 10:00:00 a.m. Eastern Time ("ET") on August 16, 2012 and ends at 11:59:59 p.m. ET on August 16, 2012 ("Promotion Period").
3. PROMOTION OVERVIEW: Promotion consists of seven (7) submission sweepstakes (each a Submission Sweepstakes). Submission Sweepstakes may be referred to herein as the Sweepstakes. Each Sweepstakes has its own entry details, random drawing and prizing as detailed below. Entry submissions (defined below) for each Submission Sweepstakes will be entered during the Promotion Period via the ParentsConnect Message Boards (collectively, the "Message Boards") at www.ParentsConnect.com (the Website) as detailed below. After a Submission (defined below) is posted the Entrant will be given one (1) entry into the specific Submission Sweepstakes (each, an "Entry"), as further described below. The potential winners will be selected within thirty (30) days after the end of the Promotion Period. Potential winners will be announced via a Message Board post on www.ParentsConnect.com and an email will be sent to the registered Member's ParentsConnect "Me" page. Potential winner must respond to the Sponsor's (defined below) post within three (3) business days of notification, verifying eligibility or will be subject to disqualification and an alternate potential winner may (at Sponsors sole discretion) be selected.. You may not win more than one (1) Submission Sweepstakes per household during the Promotion. The Message Board will be active only during the Promotion Period. See details below for each Sweepstakes.
Entrants will be directed to the Message Boards and be prompted to participate in all Sweepstakes and discussions and sign in to the Guestbook.
HOW TO ENTER/ODDS: Each Submission Sweepstakes will start at the top of each hour starting at 10:00:00 a.m. ET on August 16, 2012 and run for the durations set forth below. See details below for each Submission Sweepstakes. To enter you must sign into the ParentsConnect Guestbook. Each time a Member posts a response to the Thread, that Member will be awarded one (1) Entry to that Submission Sweepstakes. There is no limit on how many times a Member can post a response to a Thread for a particular Submission Sweepstakes. One (1) potential winner from each Submission Sweepstakes will be randomly selected from all Members who posted on the Message Boards during each Submission Sweepstakes Entry Period. Odds of winning an individual Submission Sweepstakes depends on the total number of eligible Entries received during the Submission Sweepstakes Entry Period.
Submission Sweepstakes #1 Entry Period: 10:00:00 a.m. ET to 11:59:59 a.m. ET Sweepstakes Name: Guestbook Thread "What Makes Your Family Unique?" Prize: $250 Fandango Gift Card (subject to all terms and conditions of use) AND an assortment of ParaNorman Swag selected at sole discretion of the Sponsor. Number of winners: One (1) Approximate Retail Value ("ARV"): $300
Submission Sweepstakes #2 Entry Period: 10:00:00 a.m. ET to 11:59:59 a.m. ET Sweepstakes Thread: "What Is The Biggest Risk You Have Ever Taken?" Prize: $50 Fandango Gift Card Number of winners: One (1) Approximate Retail Value ("ARV"): $100
Submission Sweepstakes #3 Entry Period: 10:00:00 a.m. ET to 11:59:59 p.m. ET Sweepstakes Thread: "What Are Your Special Talents?" Prize: $50 Fandango Gift Card (subject to all terms and conditions of use) AND an assortment of ParaNorman Swag selected at sole discretion of the Sponsor. Number of winners: One (1) ARV: $100
Submission Sweepstakes #4 Entry Period: 10:00:00 a.m. ET to 11:59:59 p.m. ET Sweepstakes Thread: "What Is Your Kid's Quirkiest Qualities?" Prize: $50 Fandango Gift Card (subject to all terms and conditions of use) AND an assortment of ParaNorman Swag selected at sole discretion of the Sponsor. Number of winners: One (1) ARV: $100
Submission Sweepstakes #5 Entry Period: 10:00:00 a.m. ET to 11:59:59 p.m. ET Sweepstakes Thread: "How Do You Encourage Your Kids To Be Themselves?" Prize: $50 Fandango Gift Card (subject to all terms and conditions of use) AND an assortment of ParaNorman Swag selected at sole discretion of the Sponsor. Number of winners: One (1) ARV: $100
Submission Sweepstakes #6 Entry Period: 10:00:00 a.m. ET to 11:59:59 p.m. ET Sweepstakes Thread: "If Your Family Had a Motto, What Would It Be?" Prize: $50 Fandango Gift Card (subject to all terms and conditions of use) AND an assortment of ParaNorman Swag selected at sole discretion of the Sponsor. Number of winners: One (1) ARV: $100
Submission Sweepstakes #7 Entry Period: 10:00:00 a.m. ET to 11:59:59 p.m. ET Sweepstakes Thread: "How Do You Help Your Kids Handle New Experiences?" Prize: $50 Fandango Gift Card AND ParaNorman Swag Number of winners: One (1) ARV: $100
If due to a printing, production or other error, more prizes are claimed than are intended to be awarded for any prize level per the above, the intended prizes will be awarded in a random drawing from among all verified and validated prize claims received for that prize level. In no event will more than the stated number of prizes be awarded."
6. ELIGIBILITY: To be eligible for the Promotion you must be (i) a legal resident of the United States or the District of Columbia; (ii) eighteen (18) years of age or older at the time of Entry; (iii) a registered member of www.parentsconnect.com ("Member") (registration is free); and (iv) physically located in the United States or the District of Columbia at the time of Entry. Eligible Members entering and participating in the Promotion will be referred to as an "Entrant". The Promotion, Website and any web pages and advertisements relating thereof are intended for viewing only within the United States. Promotion is void in Puerto Rico, all U.S. territories and possessions, overseas military installations and where prohibited or restricted by law. Employees of Viacom Media Networks (the "Sponsor"), The National Sweepstakes Company ("NSC"), any other sponsor, all prize providers associated with the Promotion, and all of their respective affiliated, parent, and subsidiary companies, and the advertising, production and promotion agencies, and each of their respective officers, directors, employees, representatives and agents (collectively, the "Released Parties"), and members of their immediate families (parents, step parents, children, step children, siblings, step siblings, spouses, regardless of where they reside) and members of their households (whether related or not) and those who have won a Grand Prize in any Sponsor-related Sweepstakes/Contest/Promotion in the twelve (12) months prior to the start of the Promotion Period are ineligible to participate in this Promotion. Eligibility will be determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion.
7. GENERAL REQUIREMENTS FOR ENTRIES: A. Each Entrant warrants and represents that Sponsor's use of the materials submitted in this Promotion will not violate the rights of any third parties. B. Entries must be in keeping with Sponsor's positive image, as determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion. Any materials (including but not limited to your Entry) containing obscenity, crude language, smoking, alcohol/drug use, or descriptions of a violent or sexual nature or that are obscene or otherwise inappropriate or not in keeping with Sponsor's image (as determined solely by Sponsor) will not be accepted and the associated Entry will be disqualified. C. Entries must not have been previously submitted, distributed, published and/or aired (if applicable) in whole or in part, or have won any award in a competition, and must be the original work of only the Entrant. D. If an Entry is incomplete or does not comply with the specifications and rules described herein, then the Submission may be disqualified at Sponsor's sole discretion. Sponsor will not verify or acknowledge receipt of Entries. Entrant should retain a copy of all materials submitted for the Promotion. E. All Entries that are in compliance with these Official Rules and have fulfilled the conditions set out in these Official Rules will be eligible to win. By submitting an Entry, Entrant hereby grants permission for the Entry to be posted on www.ParentsConnect.com for viewing by the public. Entrant agrees that Released Parties (as defined above) are not responsible for any unauthorized use of Entries by third parties. Released Parties do not guarantee the posting of any Entry. Entries will not be judged in any way. Winner selected in all Sweepstakes is by random drawing as stated above.
8. GENERAL PRIZE CONDITIONS: Substitution of prizes by Winners is prohibited. Sponsor reserves the right in its sole and absolute discretion, to substitute any prize(s) with a prize of equal or greater value. If a Winner resides in the State of California, such Winner agrees to waive any and all right that they or any party claiming by, through or for them have, have had, may now have or hereafter will have under the provision of Section 1542 of the civil Code of the State of California and any similar provision in any other jurisdiction. Section 1542 provides as follows: "A general release does not extend to claims which the creditor does not know or suspect to exist in his or her favor at the time of executing a release, which if known by him or her must have materially affected his or her settlement with the debtor."
9. RELEASES/TAXES: Before a potential winner will be deemed an official winner (Official Winner), he/she may be required to execute an Affidavit of Eligibility, Assignment of Rights and a Publicity/Liability Release (except where prohibited) ("Affidavit/Release") and any other legal documents that Sponsor may require. The Affidavit/Release and other documents must be returned by the date noted on the form. If such documents are not returned within that time, or if a Potential Winner is found to be ineligible, or if a Potential Winner does not comply with the Official Rules, then such Potential Winner will be disqualified. If notification is returned as undeliverable, such Potential Winner will be subject to disqualification. In the event the potential winner is disqualified for any reason under the provisions of these Official Rules, an alternative potential winner may be selected. All federal, state and other tax liabilities (including income taxes) arising from a prize contained in this Promotion will be solely the responsibility of the Official Winner.
10. USE/OWNERSHIP: Entrants agree that they will not use the Entry for any other purpose, including, without limitation, posting the Entry to any online social networks, without the express consent of Sponsor in each instance. By submitting an Entry, each Entrant (whether the Entrant is a winner or not) hereby grants to Sponsor, and to its licensees, successors and assigns, and any person or entity acting on its behalf, the irrevocable right and license to use, publish, exploit, modify, edit, transmit and distribute the Entry, including, without limitation, the names and likenesses of any persons or locations embodied therein, in any and all media now known or hereafter devised, worldwide, in perpetuity for any and all purposes without compensation, permission or notification to entrant or any third party.
11. PROMOTION CONDITIONS: The Promotion is subject to applicable federal, state and local laws of the United States. By participating, Entrants agree that only the laws of the United States shall be applicable to Promotion and their participation in this Promotion. By participating, each Entrant (whether declared an Official Winner or not) agrees (and agrees to affirm such in writing) : (i) to be bound by these Official Rules and the decisions of the Sponsor and NSC, which are binding and final in all matters relating to this Promotion, (ii) to waive any right to claim ambiguity in this Promotion or these Official Rules, and (iii) to release, discharge, indemnify and hold harmless the Released Parties, from and against any and all claims, damages or liabilities due to any injuries, damages or losses to any person or property of any kind resulting in whole or in part, directly or indirectly, from acceptance, possession, misuse or use of any prize or participation in any Promotion-related activity or participation in this Promotion, including any claims relating to use, misappropriation or disclosure of the Entry as described herein. These Official Rules may be modified from time to time by Sponsor in its sole discretion.
12. LIMITATIONS OF LIABILITY: Released Parties are not responsible for system errors or failures, or faulty transmissions or other telecommunications or other types of malfunctions or interferences and/or from any hardware or software failures of any kind, lost, interrupted or unavailable network, server, Internet Service Provider (ISP), website or other connections, availability or accessibility or miscommunications or failed, incomplete or jumbled, scrambled, delayed or garbled or misdirected computer or telephone transmission, or system errors and failures, or faulty transmissions, or as a result of any other problems or technical malfunctions or other errors or difficulties of any kind whether human, mechanical, electronic, computer, network, typographical, printing or otherwise relating to or in connection with the Promotion, including, without limitation, errors or difficulties which may occur in connection with the administration of the Promotion, the processing or judging of Entries, the tabulation of votes, the announcement of the prizes, the incorrect uploading of any video or in any Promotion-related materials. Released Parties are also not responsible for any incorrect or inaccurate information, whether caused by site users, tampering, hacking, or by any equipment or programming associated with or utilized in the Promotion. Released Parties are not responsible for injury or damage to any person's computer related to or resulting from participating in this Promotion or downloading materials from or use of the Website. Sponsor may prohibit an Entrant from participating in the Promotion or winning a prize if, in its sole discretion, it determines that said Entrant is attempting to undermine the legitimate operation of the Promotion by cheating, hacking, deception, or other unfair playing practices, or intending to annoy, abuse, threaten or harass any other Entrants or Sponsor's representatives. If for any reason any one or more of the Sweepstakes that make up the Promotion is not capable of running as planned, including, but not limited to, infection by computer virus, bugs, tampering, unauthorized intervention, fraud or any other causes which corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness, integrity or proper conduct of the , then Sponsor reserves the right at its sole discretion to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the Sweepstakes and/or Promotion and, if terminated, award the prize(s) from those eligible Entries received up to the cancellation/suspension date as Sponsor determines in its sole discretion. CAUTION: ANY ATTEMPT BY AN ENTRANT TO DELIBERATELY DAMAGE ANY PROMOTION-RELATED WEBSITE OR UNDERMINE THE LEGITIMATE OPERATION OF THE PROMOTION MAY BE IN VIOLATION OF CRIMINAL AND CIVIL LAWS AND SHOULD SUCH AN ATTEMPT BE MADE, SPONSOR RESERVES THE RIGHT TO SEEK REMEDIES AND DAMAGES (INCLUDING ATTORNEY'S FEES) FROM ANY SUCH ENTRANT TO THE FULLEST EXTENT OF THE LAW, INCLUDING CRIMINAL PROSECUTION.
Winner hereby acknowledges that the Released Entities have neither made nor are in any manner responsible or liable for any express or implied warranty, representation or guarantee, express or implied, in fact or in law, relative to the prize or any component thereof. Winners assume all liability for any injury or damage caused, or claimed to be caused, by participating in this Promotion or use or redemption of the prize(s). In the event a Potential Winner or Official Winner is disqualified for any reason under the provisions of these Official Rules, such Potential Winner or Official Winner and all rights to any prize will be forfeited in its entirety and a random drawing will be conducted in order to select an alternate Potential Winner, if time permits.
WITHOUT LIMITING THE FOREGOING, THE PROMOTION, ALL PRIZES, AND ALL MATERIALS PROVIDED ON OR THROUGH THE MESSAGE BOARDS ARE PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, AND NON-INFRINGEMENT. SOME JURISDICTIONS MAY NOT ALLOW LIMITATIONS OR EXCLUSION OF LIABILITY FOR INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES OR EXCLUSION OF IMPLIED WARRANTIES, SO SOME OF THE ABOVE LIMITATIONS OR EXCLUSIONS MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU. CHECK YOUR LOCAL LAWS FOR ANY RESTRICTIONS OR LIMITATIONS REGARDING THESE LIMITATIONS OR EXCLUSIONS
13. GOVERNING LAW/JURISDICTION: The Promotion and these Official Rules are governed by and shall be construed in accordance with the substantive laws of the State of New York (as distinguished from the choice of law rules) applicable to contracts made and performed entirely in New York and where the relevant contacts are within such state. The New York courts (state and federal) shall have sole jurisdiction of any controversies regarding the Promotion. Each Entrant waives any and all objections to jurisdiction and venue in these courts and hereby submits to the jurisdiction of those courts. Except where prohibited, as a condition of participating in this Promotion, each Entrant agrees that any and all disputes, claims and causes of action arising out of or connected with this Promotion, the Prizes awarded, or the determination of the Official Winner(s) shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action. Entrant further agrees that in any cause of action, the Released Parties' entire liability will be limited to the cost of entering and participating in the Promotion, and in no event shall the Released Parties be liable for attorneys' fees and/or experts' fees and costs. Entrant waives the right to claim any damages whatsoever, including, but not limited to, punitive, consequential, direct, or indirect damages and Entrant further waives all rights to have damages multiplied or increased.
14. RULES/WINNER'S NAME: To receive an additional copy of these Official Rules or for the winner's names, send a self-addressed, stamped envelope to: "ParentsConnect ParaNorman Movie Party Games," c/o The National Sweepstakes Company, PO Box 10505, Rochester, NY 14610. Please specify "Rules" or "Winner List." All requests must be received by May 25, 2012. Vermont residents may omit return postage if requesting a set of Official Rules. You may also view the rules by visiting www.ParentsConnect.com during the Promotion Period.
15. SPONSOR: Viacom Media Networks, 1515 Broadway, New York, NY 10036.
16. SWEEPSTAKES ADMINISTRATOR: National Sweepstakes Company, LLC, PO Box 10505, Rochester, NY 14610.