Snow Day Party Rules
1. NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN A PRIZE. A PURCHASE WILL NOT INCREASE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING.
2. GAMES PERIOD/ENTRY DEADLINE: The ParentsConnect Snow Day Party Games ("Games") begins at 10:00:00 a.m. Eastern Time ("ET") on February 8, 2012 and ends at 6:00:00 p.m. ET on February 8, 2012 ("Games Period").
3. GAMES OVERVIEW: Games submissions will be entered via the Parents Connect by Nickelodeon Facebook Page at www.facebook.com/ParentsConnect each, an "Entry Point" (collectively, the "Entry Points"). After a submission is posted it will count as one (1) entry into the sweepstakes (each, an "Entry"), as further described below. Entrants will go through Sponsor's judgment process and all potential winners will be selected within thirty (30) days after the end of the Games Period. Potential Winners will be announced via a Message Board post on www.ParentsConnect.com and an email will be sent to the registered Member's ParentsConnect "Me" page. Potential Winners must respond to the Sponsor's post within three (3) business days of notification, or will be subject to disqualification. You may not win more than one Sweepstakes during the month in which the Games are played.
At the end of the Games Period, Sponsor will announce one (1) Grand Prize winner (the "Grand Prize Winner"). Grand Prize Winner will be randomly selected from the Entrants (as defined in Paragraph 4 below) that enter the Grand Prize Sweepstakes entitled What Is Your Favorite Snow Day Treat?" on the ParentsConnect by Nickelodeon Facebook Page during the Games Period.
The Games is made up of hourly sweepstakes. Sweepstakes will be played at the top and bottom of each hour starting at 10:00:00 a.m. ET on February 8, 2012 and run for the durations set forth below. See details below for each Sweepstakes.
Entry Period: 11:00:00 a.m. ET to 6:00:00 p.m. ET
Sweepstakes: Thread "Caption This!"
How to Enter: We will start a thread asking our Members "Caption This!". Every time a Member posts a comment to the Message Boards, it is considered an entry into the Sweepstakes. Members can post multiple times. A winner will randomly be selected from all Members who posted on the board during the Entry Period.
Prize: Winter Wonderland Gourmet Gift Basket from Edible Gifts Plus AND TruMoo Swag Bag
Number of winners: One (1)
Entry Period: 12:00:00 p.m. ET to 6:00:00 p.m. ET
Sweepstakes: Thread "What Do Your Kids Like To Do In The Snow?"
How to Enter: We will start a thread asking our Members "What Do Your Kids Like To Do In The Snow?" Every time a Member posts a response, it is considered an entry into the Sweepstakes. Members can post multiple times. A winner will randomly be selected from all Members who posted on the Message Boards during the Entry Period.
Prize: Go! Go! Sports Girls Bundle AND TruMoo Swag Bag
Number of winners: One (1)
Entry Period: 1:00:00 p.m. ET to 6:00:00 p.m. ET
Sweepstakes: Thread "Describe The Perfect Snow Day In 3 Words."
How to Enter: We will start a thread asking our Members: Thread "Describe The Perfect Snow Day In 3 Words." Every time a Member posts a comment to the Message Boards, it is considered an entry into the Sweepstakes. Members can post multiple times. A winner will randomly be selected from all Members who posted on the Message Boards during the Entry Period.
Prize: pediped Flex Bella Boot AND TruMoo Swag Bag
Number of winners: One (1)
Entry Period: 2:00:00 p.m. ET to 6:00:00 p.m. ET
Sweepstakes: Thread "What Is Your Favorite Winter Movie?"
How to Enter: We will start a thread asking our Members, "What Is Your Favorite Winter Movie?" Every time a Member posts a comment to the Message Boards, it is considered an entry into the Sweepstakes. Members can post multiple times. A winner will randomly be selected from all Members who posted on the board during the Entry Period.
Prize: HoodiePet Bundle AND TruMoo Swag Bag AND Flip Cam
Number of winners: One (1)
Entry Period: 3:00:00 p.m. ET to 6:00:00 p.m. ET
Sweepstakes: Thread "What Is Your Favorite Winter Song?"
How to Enter: We will start a thread asking our Members "What Is Your Favorite Winter Song?" Every time a Member posts a comment to the Message Boards, it is considered an entry into the sweepstakes. Members can post multiple times. A winner will randomly be selected from all Members who posted on the board during the Entry Period.
Prize: Gunamuna Gunapod Wearable Blanket AND TruMoo Swag Bag
Number of winners: One (1)
Entry Period: 4:00:00 p.m. ET to 6:00:00 p.m. ET
Sweepstakes: Thread "Name This Snowman."
How to Enter: We will start a thread asking our Members, "Name This Snowman." Every time a Member posts a comment to the Message Boards, it is considered an entry into the Sweepstakes. Members can post multiple times. A winner will randomly be selected from all Members who posted on the board during the Entry Period.
Prize: pediped Flex Nate Boot AND TruMoo Swag Bag
Number of winners: One (1)
Entry Period: 10:00:00 a.m. ET to 6:00:00 p.m. ET
Grand Prize Sweepstakes: "Sign the Guestbook: What Is Your Favorite Snow Day Treat?"
How to Enter: We will ask our Members to sign our guestbook and ask, "What Is Your Favorite Snow Day Treat?" When a Member posts a comment to the message board, it is considered an entry into the Sweepstakes. Each Member can post to the Guestbook one (1) time during the Entry Period. A Grand Prize winner will randomly be selected from all members who posted on the board during the Entry Period.
Prize: TWO BlueWave Speedseekers from Wayfair AND TruMoo Swag Bag AND Flip Cam
Number of winners: One (1) ARV: $360
Entrants will be directed to the Message Boards and be prompted to play all games and participate in all discussions.
4. ELIGIBILITY: To enter the Games you must be (i) a legal resident of one of the fifty (50) United States and the District of Columbia (the "United States"); (ii) eighteen (18) years of age or older at the time of entry; (iii) a registered member of www.parentsconnect.com ("Members") (registration is free); and (iv) physically located in the United States at the time of Entry (each, an "Entrant"). The Games and any web pages and advertisements relating thereof are intended for viewing only within the United States. Games is void in Puerto Rico and where prohibited or restricted by law. Employees of Viacom Media Networks (the "Sponsor"), The National Sweepstakes Company ("NSC"), any other sponsor, all prize providers associated with the Games, and all of their respective affiliated, parent, and subsidiary companies, and the advertising, production and promotion agencies, and each of their respective officers, directors, employees, representatives and agents (collectively, the "Released Parties"), and members of their immediate families (parents, step parents, children, step children, siblings, step siblings, spouses, regardless of where they reside) and members of their households (whether related or not) and those Winners who have won a Grand Prize in any Sponsor-related Sweepstakes/Promotion in the twelve (12) months prior to the start of the Games Period are ineligible to participate in this Games. Eligibility will be determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion.
5. GENERAL REQUIREMENTS FOR ENTRIES: A. Each Entrant warrants and represents that Sponsor's use of the materials submitted in this Games will not violate the rights of any third parties. B. Entries must be in keeping with Sponsor's positive image, as determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion. Any materials containing obscenity, crude language, smoking, alcohol/drug use, or descriptions of a violent or sexual nature or that are obscene or otherwise inappropriate or not in keeping with Sponsor's image (as determined solely by Sponsor) will not be accepted and the associated Entry will be disqualified. C. Entries must not have been previously submitted, distributed, published and/or aired (if applicable) in whole or in part, or have won any award in a competition, and must be the original work of only the Entrant. D. If an Entry is incomplete or does not comply with the specifications and rules described herein, then the submission may be disqualified at Sponsor's sole discretion. Sponsor will not verify or acknowledge receipt of Entries. Entrant should retain a copy of all materials submitted for the Games. E. All Entries that are in compliance with these Official Rules and have fulfilled the conditions set out in these Official Rules will be considered. By submitting an Entry, Entrant hereby grants permission for the Entry to be posted on www.ParentsConnect.com for viewing by the public. Entrant agrees that Released Parties (as defined above) are not responsible for any unauthorized use of Entries by third parties. Released Parties do not guarantee the posting of any Entry.
6. GENERAL PRIZE CONDITIONS: Substitution of prizes by Winners is prohibited. Sponsor reserves the right in its sole and absolute discretion, to substitute any prize(s) with a prize of equal or greater value. If a Winner resides in the State of California, such Winner agrees to waive any and all right that they or any party claiming by, through or for them have, have had, may now have or hereafter will have under the provision of Section 1542 of the civil Code of the State of California and any similar provision in any other jurisdiction. Section 1542 provides as follows: "A general release does not extend to claims which the creditor does not know or suspect to exist in his or her favor at the time of executing a release, which if known by him or her must have materially affected his or her settlement with the debtor."
7. RELEASES/TAXES: Before a Potential Winner will be deemed an Official Winner, he/she will be required to execute an Affidavit of Eligibility, Assignment of Rights and a Publicity/Liability Release (except where prohibited) ("Affidavit/Release") and any other legal documents that Sponsor may require. The Affidavit/Release and other documents must be returned by the date noted on the form. If such documents are not returned within that time, or if a Potential Winner is found to be ineligible, or if a Potential Winner does not comply with the Official Rules, then such Potential Winner will be disqualified. If notification is returned as undeliverable, such Potential Winner will be subject to disqualification. In the event the Potential Winner is disqualified for any reason under the provisions of these Official Rules, an alternative Potential Winner may be selected. All federal, state and other tax liabilities (including income taxes) arising from a prize contained in this Games will be solely the responsibility of the Winner.
9. GAMES CONDITIONS: The Games is subject solely to the applicable federal, state and local laws of the United States. By participating, Entrants agree that only the laws of the United States shall be applicable to Games and their participation in this Games. By participating, each Entrant (whether declared an Official Winner or not) agrees (and agrees to affirm such in writing) : (i) to be bound by these Official Rules and the decisions of the Sponsor, which are binding and final in all matters relating to this Games, (ii) to waive any right to claim ambiguity in this Games or these Official Rules, and (iii) to release, discharge, indemnify and hold harmless the Released Parties, from and against any and all claims, damages or liabilities due to any injuries, damages or losses to any person or property of any kind resulting in whole or in part, directly or indirectly, from acceptance, possession, misuse or use of any prize or participation in any Game-related activity or participation in this Games, including any claims relating to use, misappropriation or disclosure of the Entry as described herein. All decisions of the judges and Sponsor are final in all matters relating to this Games. These Official Rules may be modified from time to time by Sponsor in its sole discretion.
10. LIMITATIONS OF LIABILITY: Released Parties are not responsible for system errors or failures, or faulty transmissions or other telecommunications or other types of malfunctions or interferences and/or from any hardware or software failures of any kind, lost, interrupted or unavailable network, server, Internet Service Provider (ISP), website or other connections, availability or accessibility or miscommunications or failed, incomplete or jumbled, scrambled, delayed or garbled or misdirected computer or telephone transmission, or system errors and failures, or faulty transmissions, or as a result of any other problems or technical malfunctions or other errors or difficulties of any kind whether human, mechanical, electronic, computer, network, typographical, printing or otherwise relating to or in connection with the Games, including, without limitation, errors or difficulties which may occur in connection with the administration of the Games, the processing or judging of Entries, the tabulation of votes, the announcement of the prizes, the incorrect uploading of any video or in any Games-related materials. Released Parties are also not responsible for any incorrect or inaccurate information, whether caused by site users, tampering, hacking, or by any equipment or programming associated with or utilized in the Games. Released Parties are not responsible for injury or damage to any person's computer related to or resulting from participating in this Games or downloading materials from or use of the website. Sponsor may prohibit an Entrant from participating in the Games or winning a prize if, in its sole discretion, it determines that said Entrant is attempting to undermine the legitimate operation of the Games by cheating, hacking, deception, or other unfair playing practices, or intending to annoy, abuse, threaten or harass any other Entrants or Sponsor's representatives. If for any reason any one or more of the Games is not capable of running as planned, including, but not limited to, infection by computer virus, bugs, tampering, unauthorized intervention, fraud or any other causes which corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness, integrity or proper conduct of the Games, then Sponsor reserves the right at its sole discretion to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the Game(s) and, if terminated, award the prizes from those eligible Entries received up to the cancellation/suspension date as Sponsor determines in its sole discretion. CAUTION: ANY ATTEMPT BY AN ENTRANT TO DELIBERATELY DAMAGE ANY GAME-RELATED WEBSITE OR UNDERMINE THE LEGITIMATE OPERATION OF THE GAMES MAY BE IN VIOLATION OF CRIMINAL AND CIVIL LAWS AND SHOULD SUCH AN ATTEMPT BE MADE, SPONSOR RESERVES THE RIGHT TO SEEK REMEDIES AND DAMAGES (INCLUDING ATTORNEY'S FEES) FROM ANY SUCH ENTRANT TO THE FULLEST EXTENT OF THE LAW, INCLUDING CRIMINAL PROSECUTION.
Winner hereby acknowledges that the Released Entities have neither made nor are in any manner responsible or liable for any express or implied warranty, representation or guarantee, express or implied, in fact or in law, relative to the prize or any component thereof. Winners assume all liability for any injury or damage caused, or claimed to be caused, by participating in this Games or use or redemption of the prize(s). In the event a Potential Winner or Official Winner is disqualified for any reason under the provisions of these Official Rules, such Potential Winner or Official Winner and all rights to any prize will be forfeited in its entirety and a random drawing will be conducted in order to select an alternate Potential Winner, if time permits.
WITHOUT LIMITING THE FOREGOING, THE GAMES, ALL PRIZES, AND ALL MATERIALS PROVIDED ON OR THROUGH THE MESSAGE BOARDS ARE PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, AND NON-INFRINGEMENT. SOME JURISDICTIONS MAY NOT ALLOW LIMITATIONS OR EXCLUSION OF LIABILITY FOR INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES OR EXCLUSION OF IMPLIED WARRANTIES, SO SOME OF THE ABOVE LIMITATIONS OR EXCLUSIONS MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU. CHECK YOUR LOCAL LAWS FOR ANY RESTRICTIONS OR LIMITATIONS REGARDING THESE LIMITATIONS OR EXCLUSIONS
Entrants further agrees that in any case of action, the Released Parties' liability will be limited to the cost of entering and participating in the Sweepstakes, and in no event shall the Related Parties be liable for attorneys' fees and/or experts' fees and costs. Entrants waive the right to claim any damages whatsoever, including, but not limited to, punitive, consequential, direct, or indirect damages.
11. GOVERNING LAW/JURISDICTION: The Games and these Official Rules are governed by and shall be construed in accordance with the substantive laws of the State of New York (as distinguished from the choice of law rules) applicable to contracts made and performed entirely in New York and where the relevant contacts are within such state. The New York courts (state and federal) shall have sole jurisdiction of any controversies regarding the Games. Each Entrant waives any and all objections to jurisdiction and venue in these courts and hereby submits to the jurisdiction of those courts. Except where prohibited, as a condition of participating in this Games, each Entrant agrees that any and all disputes, claims and causes of action arising out of or connected with this Games, the Prizes awarded, or the determination of the Official Winner(s) shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action. Entrant further agrees that in any cause of action, the Released Parties' entire liability will be limited to the cost of entering and participating in the Games, and in no event shall the Released Parties be liable for attorneys' fees and/or experts' fees and costs. Entrant waives the right to claim any damages whatsoever, including, but not limited to, punitive, consequential, direct, or indirect damages and Entrant further waives all rights to have damages multiplied or increased.
12. RULES/WINNER'S NAME: To receive an additional copy of these Official Rules or for the winner's names, send a self-addressed, stamped envelope to: "ParentsConnect Snow Day Party Games," c/o The National Sweepstakes Company, PO Box 10505, Rochester, NY 14610. Please specify "Rules" or "Winner List." All requests must be received by May 8, 2012. Vermont residents may omit return postage if requesting a set of Official Rules. You may also view the rules by visiting www.ParentsConnect.com during the Games Period.
13. SPONSOR: Viacom Media Networks, 1515 Broadway, New York, NY 10036.
14. SWEEPSTAKES ADMINISTATOR: The National Sweepstakes Company, PO Box 10505, Rochester, NY 14610.