Recession Proofing Boot Camp With Carmen Wong Ulrich
You've got bills to pay and mouths to feed. We get it. Though raising kids comes with a big price tag, there's no reason to get overwhelmed. With a little expert advice you can get your family finances in ship-shape.
In June 2009, Carmen Wong Ulrich, personal finance expert and host of CNBC's "On the Money," hosted the Recession Proofing Boot Camp. Her no-nonsense financial advice has already helped thousands of families and now's your turn to get control of your money!
Check out these money-saving secrets:
- List your money hang-ups
- Collect loose change
- Get receipt savvy
- List needs vs. wants
- Start a conversation with your partner
- Understand your credit cards
- Lower your phone, cable and Internet bill
- Find and use an online coupon
- Create a budget
- Set up automatic savings
- Start thinking about retirement
- Lower your grocery bill
- Check your credit report
- Paying off credit card debt
- Research health insurance
- Lower your gas/electric bill
- Check your car's health
- Host a swap party!
- Planning a financially fit future
- Ditch your debit cards
- Finding travel deals
- The basics of investing
- Investing based on your age
- The stock market made simple
- Saving for your kid's education
- Protecting your identity
Find a Money Buddy! There are plenty of parents going through the same thing as you, so open up, and make friends fast.
Time is money, so what are you waiting for? Learn how to start saving money NOW!
Check out Carmen's blog on CNBC.