Broiled Mediterranean Salmon
Trying to get more omega-3s in your family's diet? Serve up some salmon! (Take our word for it, it's tastier than chewing on fish oil pills.)
- 4 (4-ounce) salmon fillets
- ¼ cup extra virgin olive oil
- 3 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 2 teaspoons dried rosemary
- 2 teaspoons dried basil
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- cooking spray
- Preheat broiler.
- Coat a 9x13-inch baking dish with cooking spray, and place the fish fillets in the baking dish.
- In a small mixing bowl, mix together the oil and vinegar and pour over fish fillets.
- Sprinkle the fillets with the rosemary, basil, garlic powder and salt.
- Place dish under broiler, and broil for about 7 minutes per side, or until the fish is lightly browned and flakes easily with a fork.
- Look for wild-caught salmon for the best nutritional value.