Slow Cooker Stuffed Peppers
Green peppers make great serving "bowls" for a tasty meatloaf-style stuffing.
- 4 medium red or green bell peppers
- 1 pound lean ground beef
- 1 ½ cups cooked rice
- 1 (24-ounce) jar pasta sauce, divided
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon pepper
- Cut off top ½-inch from each pepper, hollow out seeds, rinse, drain and set aside.
- In a medium mixing bowl, add the ground beef, rice, ½ cup of the pasta sauce, cheese and seasonings, mixing well with your hands to thoroughly blend. Stuff peppers with equal portions of the beef mixture.
- Stuff peppers with equal portions of the beef mixture.
- In the bottom of a 3½-quart or larger slow cooker, place the stuffed peppers. Pour remaining pasta sauce over peppers.
- Cover and cook on low for 8 hours.