Tilapia With Pesto Cream Sauce
This fish dish sounds fancy, but it comes together as easy as 1-2-seafood.
- 4 (5-ounce) tilapia fillets
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- ¼ cup pesto sauce
- 2 tablespoons half and half
- Cooking spray
- Coat grill rack with cooking spray. Prepare the grill to medium heat. Spray the tilapia fillets generously with cooking spray, and sprinkle both sides with salt and pepper.
- When grill is ready, grill tilapia for 5 minutes on each side or to desired doneness.
- Meanwhile, in a small saucepan over medium heat, add the pesto and half and half, stirring well to mix. Cook for 2 minutes, until heated through.
- Transfer fish to a serving plate and drizzle each fillet with 1 generous tablespoon of the pesto cream sauce.
- Tilapia is a mild, flaky white fish, suitable for grilling, but you may wish to line your grill rack with heavy-duty aluminum foil or use a grill basket so you don't lose fish into the flames.
- Reduced-fat pesto sauce cuts the fat calories considerably.