Barbara Beery's Tutti Fruity Kabobs
Let's Make Kabobs!
- 6 pieces of string cheese
- 1 small seedless watermelon cut in half
- 2 apples unpeeled and sliced into 1 inch thick slices
- 6 whole, unpeeled apples, stems removed, approximately 3 inches in diameter
- 1 fresh pineapple cut into 1 inch thick slices, core removed
- 1 quart fresh whole strawberries
- 1 bunch seedless red or green grapes
- Line a cookie sheet with foil or parchment and set aside until ready to use.
- Cut each string cheese into 4 pieces. Set aside until ready to use.
- Using assorted shapes of 11.5 inch cookie cutters, cut melon, apples and pineapple into various shapes.
- Using wooden skewers alternately place 4 cheese pieces and assorted fruits onto each skewer, allowing about 2 inches at the bottom of every skewer to remain free of fruit or cheese.
- Place each completed skewer on prepared cookie sheet, cover and place in refrigerator until ready to use or up to 2 hours.