Lunchbox Pasta Salad
Make this salad easy to pack into a small container or thermos by using small pasta shapes. (In other words, save the lasagna noodles for lasagna!)
- 2 cups uncooked bow ties, wagon wheels or shells
- 2 cups frozen green peas
- 1 cup baby carrots, cut into ½-inch logs
- ½ (14–15 ounces) can baby corn; cut corn into ½-inch logs
- ½ cup pitted, sliced black olives
- 1/3 to ½ cup low-fat salad dressing of your choice
- Cook the pasta according to package directions.
- One to two minutes before pasta is done, add the peas and carrots directly to the simmering pasta.
- Drain the mixture and rinse under cold running water until cool.
- Drain again and combine in a large bowl with the olives, baby corn and salad dressing.
- Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- If you make this the night before, taste it before packing into a container—it may need more dressing.
- The vegetables can be varied to suit your kids' tastes.