On-the-Go Trail Mix
Traditionally used by hikers to keep up their stamina, trail mixes can give kids the energy they need to keep going all afternoon. (If you're up for that kind of thing.)
- 1 cup dried fruit (raisins, dried apricots, date nuggets, banana chips, apple chips, dried papaya, dried cranberries, dried cherries)
- 1 cup nuts and/or seeds (peanuts, almonds, hazelnuts, sunflower seeds, pumpkin seeds)
- 1 cup dry cereal (choose any non-sugary kind)
- Salty add-ins: pretzels, sesame sticks, oriental rice crackers
- Place equal parts of nuts, dried fruits and cereal in a large ziplock bag and shake gently to combine.
- Add sweet or salty add-ins, again shaking gently to combine.
- If you're packaging for an on-the-go afternoon, place half-cup servings into smaller bags.