Chicken-Vegetable Soup with Dumplings
It's better than grandma's, but we won't tell!
- 2 cups cut-up cooked chicken
- 1 carton (32 oz) Progresso® chicken broth (4 cups)
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh parsley
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh thyme leaves
- 2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 1 bag (12 oz) Green Giant® Valley Fresh Steamers™ frozen mixed vegetables, thawed and drained
- 1 cup Original Bisquick® mix
- 1/3 cup milk
- In 3-quart saucepan, heat all ingredients except Bisquick mix and milk to boiling, stirring occasionally.
- In small bowl, stir Bisquick mix and milk with fork until soft dough forms. Drop dough by 18 teaspoonfuls onto boiling soup. If dumplings sink into soup, carefully bring them to top of broth using slotted spoon. Reduce heat to medium-low.
- Cook uncovered 10 minutes. Cover and cook 15 minutes longer.
- You can really use any combination of frozen vegetables your family enjoys in this extra-easy recipe.
Think small when you're pressed for time. These mini-dumplings, dropped by teaspoonfuls, cook in about half the time of regular dumplings.
There are many ways to get cooked chicken without stewing one. Look for refrigerated cooked chicken, canned chicken, deli roasted chicken or frozen cooked chicken for an easy recipe solution.