Gourmet tuna burgers in fast-food time!
- 1 cup soft bread crumbs (about 2 slices bread)
- 1/2 cup Original Bisquick® mix
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 eggs, slightly beaten
- 8 medium green onions, finely chopped (1/2 cup)
- 2 pouches (about 7 oz each) light tuna in water, drained, flaked
- 2 tablespoons butter or margarine
- 4 sandwich buns, split
- 4 tablespoons dill dip
- In medium bowl, mix all ingredients except butter, buns and dill dip. Shape mixture into 4 patties, 3 1/2 inches in diameter, using heaping 1/2 cupful for each patty.
- In 12-inch nonstick skillet, melt butter over medium heat. Add patties; cook 10 to 12 minutes, turning once, until brown and thoroughly cooked. Serve on buns with dill dip.
- To prepare crab cake burgers, substitute two 5-ounce cans of crabmeat for the tuna.
For added crunch, top burgers with thinly sliced cucumber and sliced red onion.