Twisted Pizza Dogs
Juicy hotdogs in a twisty pizza crust!
- 1 3/4 cups Original Bisquick® mix
- 1/3 cup milk
- 1 can (8 ounces) pizza sauce
- 8 hot dogs
- 1 tablespoon milk
- 2 tablespoons grate Parmesan cheese
- Heat oven to 425°F. Spray cookie sheet with cooking spray.
- In medium bowl, stir Bisquick mix, 1/3 cup milk and 2 tablespoons of the pizza sauce with fork until soft dough forms; beat 30 seconds. Place dough on surface dusted with Bisquick mix; roll in Bisquick mix to coat. Shape into a ball; knead 10 times.
- Roll dough into 12x8-inch rectangle. Cut dough lengthwise into eight 1-inch strips. Shape 1 piece of dough around each hot dog in a spiral design; seal ends if necessary. Place on cookie sheet.
- Brush 1 tablespoon milk over dough; sprinkle with cheese. Bake 10 to 12 minutes or until golden brown. Serve with remaining pizza sauce, heated if desired.
- Pack these dogs for a portable meal on the run. Omit the remaining pizza sauce, and wrap dogs in foil.
It's easy to trim the fat from these twisted hot dog treats by using reduced-fat or fat-free hot dogs.
Add color and flavor to this recipe with kid-appeal by mixing 1 to 2 teaspoons pizza seasoning with the Parmesan cheese. You can use regular pizza seasoning or a spicy version.