Pineapple Chicken Salad Sandwiches
Adding pineapple gives a sweet twist to a classic sandwich combo.
- 4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- ½ cup mayonnaise
- 1 (8-oz) can pineapple tidbits, drained
- ¼ cup chopped walnuts
- 1 tsp salt
- ½ tsp pepper
- In a large pot of boiling water, cook the chicken breasts until cooked through, about 15 minutes. Remove to a plate lined with paper towels to drain.
- In a medium sized mixing bowl, stir together the mayonnaise, pineapple tidbits and walnuts.
- Dice the cooked chicken breast and add to the mayonnaise mixture, stirring well to mix. Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Serve on warm sandwich buns.