Chicken Georgia Formula (Make 3 different dinners with one recipe!)
Can you imagine making three different dinners with only one recipe? It's super easy but everyone will swear you took hours. Has never failed!
- 4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 3 tbsp butter or margarine
- 1 cup onion (your choice of scallion, yellow onion, or green onion)
- 1 cup flavor enhancer (your choice of bacon, mushrooms, or stewed tomatoes)
- 1 cup of shredded cheese (your choice of cheddar, mozzarella, or swiss)
- Melt butter in a high-side skillet on medium/low heat.
- Add the onions and flavor ingredients and cook until tender.
- Add chicken into the skillet, facing the fattest part towards the center of the pan.
- Cook for approximately 10 minutes. Turn chicken over, cook another 10 minutes.
- Make a small cut in the fattest part of the chicken to make sure there's no pink on the inside.
- Once your chicken is cooked through, sprinkle cheese on top. Turn off heat.
- Once the cheese is all melted and bubbly, serve!
- The best side dishes are a crisp salad and crusty bread. I've found serving anything heavier makes this surprisingly rich dish too overwhelming. Enjoy!