Slow Cook Cube Steak
Here's a super budget-friendly dinner. Slow cooking makes any inexpensive cut of meat tender and juicy.
- 1 (14½-oz) can Italian-style diced tomatoes
- ½ (6-oz) can tomato paste
- 2 lbs cube steak
- 1 (16-oz) package frozen stir-fry veggies, such as peppers and onions
- In a medium mixing bowl, stir together the diced tomatoes and the tomato paste.
- In the bottom of a 3½-quart or larger slow cooker, place the cube steak, add the vegetables, and cover with the tomato mixture.
- Cover and cook on low for 6 hours.