Salsa-riffic Pork Chops
Time for mealtime math! Chops + beans + corn + salsa = dinner.
- 1 cup prepared chunky tomato salsa
- 1 15-ounce can whole corn, drained
- 1 15-ounce can black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 teaspoon vegetable oil
- 6 pork loin chops
- Combine the salsa, corn and black beans in a medium mixing bowl, stirring well to mix.
- In a large skillet with a lid, heat the oil over medium-high heat.
- Add the pork chops and brown on one side for four minutes.
- Turn chops over and spoon the salsa mixture evenly over the top.
- Reduce the heat to low, cover and simmer the pork chops for 8–10 minutes or to desired doneness.
- Top these chops with shredded cheddar cheese and sprigs of fresh cilantro for a spicy (and healthy!) south-of-the-border treat.
- Too spicy? Serve them with cornbread and some applesauce to balance the spiciness.