Chickpea and Red Pepper Dip
The chickpea isn't a pea at all. It's actually a legume that's rich in protein, zinc and folate. That's your lesson for the day. Now go make some dip.
- 1 (16-oz) can chickpeas, rinsed and drained
- 1 (12-oz) jar roasted red peppers, drained
- 1 (8-oz) container nonfat sour cream
- 1 tsp bottled minced garlic
- ½ tsp salt
- ⅛ tsp pepper
- Place all the ingredients in a food processor or blender container and process or blend until smooth, stopping to scrape down the sides.
- Place dip in a serving bowl, cover with plastic wrap, and chill one hour.
- This dip is delish with breadsticks and crudités.