Sweet and Sour Chicken
This uses a couple of southern favorites: barbecue sauce and peach preserves.
- 3½ lbs boneless and skinless chicken breasts
- 1 tsp salt
- ½ tsp pepper
- 1 cup barbecue sauce
- 2 tbsp peach preserves
- 2 tbsp low-sodium soy sauce
- 1 (10-oz) package frozen chopped green peppers and onion
- 1 (8-oz) can sliced water chestnuts, drained
- In the bottom of a 3½-quart or larger slow-cooker, place all the ingredients in order except the water chestnuts, stirring well to mix.
- Cook on low for 6 hours.
- When ready to serve, stir in the water chestnuts and let sit until heated through.
- Use your favorite brand of barbecue sauce and feel free to substitute apricot preserves or orange marmalade for the peach preserves.
- Serve this dish with rice to soak up the delicious sauce.