Slow Cooker Sweet and Sour Pork
No need for take out when you let your slow cooker do the work for you!
- 1 (12-oz) jar apricot preserves
- 1 (8-oz) can crushed pineapple, undrained
- 2 tbsp white vinegar
- 2 tbsp reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 1 tsp bottled minced garlic
- ¼ cup flour
- 1½ lb pork strips for stir-fry
- In the bottom of a 3 ½-quart or larger slow cooker, place all the ingredients, except the flour and pork, stirring well to mix.
- In a large resealable plastic bag, place the flour. Add the pork strips and shake well to coat the pork with the flour.
- Add the coated pork strips to the sauce, stirring well to mix. Dispose of remaining flour.
- Cover and cook on low for 5 to 6 hours.
- Pork strips are pork cutlets cut into thin strips for stir-fry, conveniently packaged in your fresh meat department. If you cannot find them, either ask the butcher to cut them for you or simply do it yourself.