Evelyn's Thai Red Curry
Delish mixture of contrasting subtle blend of hot, salty, sweet and sour flavors to get the taste buds tingling, spiced to your liking! One of my favorites!
- 1 can red curry paste ( the more you use, the spicier it will be!)
- 2 tbsp of oil
- 1 can unsweetened coconut milk
- 1 large skinless chicken breast, cut into bite size pieces
- 1 small red bell pepper, sliced to your liking
- 1 package of fresh mushrooms, stemmed and quatered
- 1 medium onion, cut to your bite size liking
- 1 large carrot, cut to your bite size liking
- 1 lime
- Sweet basil (optional)
- Fry the curry paste until fragrant in the 2 tablespoons oil, about two minutes, on medium heat. I cook in a large pot, not a skillet.
- Add the cream off the top of the coconut milk to the curry paste, increase the heat to just below high, and then add the chicken chunks. Cook for two minutes, stirring constantly.
- Then add the vegetables. Cook for two minutes.
- Then add the rest of the coconut milk, cook for 5 minutes. Take off heat.
- Squeeze in the lime, and add basil, and stir. Serve over rice.
- You can use different vegetables..eggplant is great, so is zucchini. I have also seen people serve this with potatoes instead of rice. Also can be made with shrimp, beef, tofu, or just a great mixture of vegetables.