Veggie and Rice Stir-Fry
Everybody loves a good stir-fry. So, as Bob Marley would say, "stir it up, little darlin'!"
- 1 large bag frozen mixed veggies (broccoli, carrots, baby corn, etc.)
- 1 pound chicken breast pieces
- 1 pound beef/pork pieces, cut to bite-size
- 1 can water chestnuts, drained
- 4 tablespoons soy sauce
- 4 tablespoons hoisin sauce
- Splash of olive oil
- 5 servings cooked brown rice
- In a large skillet, cook meat in olive oil for 1-2 minutes, then add frozen veggies, soy sauce, hoisin sauce and perhaps a little water (to help defrost the veggies).
- Stir and sauté until cooked evenly.
- Drain the water chestnuts and add last.
- Let the stir-fry sit on low to let all the flavors come together.
- Serve over brown rice.
- Substitute medium-firm tofu for the meat and make it a vegetarian feast!