Fast Mac and Cheese With Beef or Bacon
Start with a box of instant mac and cheese, and with some ground beef or bacon, end up with a complete family dinner!
- 2 boxes macaroni and cheese dinner
- 1/4 cup extra milk
- 1/4 to 1/2 lb. cheddar cheese, grated
- 1 1/2 to 2 lb. ground beef or 1 to 1 1/2 lb. uncooked bacon, cut into 1 inch pieces
- 1 large or 2 medium onions, chopped
- 1 small clove garlic, diced or 1/2 tsp. garlic salt
- Prepare macaroni and cheese according to box directions, but add the extra 1/4 cup milk. Set aside.
- In separate frying pan, cook ground beef or bacon with onion and garlic. Drain.
- Combine mac and cheese and meat mixtures in a casserole dish and top with shredded cheese. Cover with lid or foil and bake for 20 minutes at 325 degrees, when the cheese should start bubbling.