Kebabs are the ultimate cookout food. Who doesn't love food on a stick? Plus, you can change what you put on 'em as often as the kids change their minds!
- 1 pound boneless sirloin steak, cut into 1-inch cubes
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 4 teaspoons minced fresh basil
- 1/2 cup olive oil, divided
- 1 red bell pepper, cut into 1 1/2 inch squares
- 1 green bell pepper, cut into 1 1/2 inch squares
- 1 yellow onion, cut into 1 1/2 inch pieces
- 12 cherry tomatoes
- metal skewers or wooden skewers soaked in water 30 minutes
- In a resealable plastic bag, combine beef, half of the olive oil, basil, and garlic; season with salt and pepper. Seal bag and shake up to mix all ingredients. Marinate at room temperature for 20 minutes (or refrigerate up to overnight).
- In a separate resealable bag, combine peppers, onions, and tomatoes with remaining oil, shaking to mix.
- When you're ready to cook, heat the grill to medium.
- Thread meat, peppers, onions, and tomatoes onto the skewers until all ingredients are used up.
- Place skewers on the grill and cook, turning occasionally, until beef is cooked through, 8-12 minutes.
- Serve on skewers.
- This recipe can also be made with chicken (cooking time is a bit longer, about 12 to 15 minutes) or with a mixture of chicken and beef. If you're using both meats, marinate the beef and chicken separately, and thread onto separate skewers.