Snacking Corn Bread
This easy cornbread is no fuss and no leftovers.
- 2 large eggs
- ½ cup vegetable oil
- 1 8-ounce container sour cream
- 1 7-ounce can creamed corn
- 1 cup cornmeal mix
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F.
- Coat an 8-inch square pan with cooking spray.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine the eggs, oil, sour cream and corn, stirring well to mix.
- Add the cornmeal and stir until thoroughly mixed.
- Pour batter into the prepared pan and bake for 35 minutes or until lightly browned around the edges.
- Cornmeal mix is corn meal with salt and leavening already mixed in&meash;a nice shortcut for the cook (i.e., you!).
- A heavy baking pan instead of a glass baking dish will ensure crustiness (and who doesn't love crusty bread?).