Apple Chai Pancakes
Blueberry pancakes are so early nineties. Get those pancakes all schmancy with apples and chai.
- ¾ cup all-purpose flour
- ½ cup whole wheat flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon baking powder
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ½ cup chai tea concentrate (Oregon Chai is good)
- ½ cup milk
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 1 egg, beaten
- ½ cup apples, diced
- In a medium bowl, stir together the 2 kinds of flour, baking soda, baking powder and salt.
- In a separate bowl, mix the chai tea concentrate, milk, canola oil and egg.
- Add the wet mixture to the flour mixture and stir until mixed.
- Fold in the apples.
- Pour ¼ cup of the batter onto a hot, slightly greased griddle.
- Cook about 2 minutes (until golden brown) on each side over medium heat.
- Don't need the caffeine? Use a decaffeinated chai tea concentrate (Oregon Chai makes a caffeine-free one too).