Got carsick kids? Feed 'em these ginger pancakes before you go on a road trip. Studies say that ginger helps prevent nausea (it does not, however, prevent kids from asking, "Are we there yet?")
- Pancake mix (the "just add water" kind)
- 1 tbsp ground ginger
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tbsp powdered sugar
- ½ tbsp cinnamon
- 2 tbsp molasses (optional)
- Prepare pancake mix according to directions on package for 4 to 6 servings.
- Add ginger, vanilla, cinnamon and molasses (if using) to batter and gently blend in.
- Do not overmix; it will result in tough pancakes.
- Cook pancakes on medium-high heat on skillet.
- Top with light margarine and powdered sugar and cinnamon mixture.
- Ginger cakes can also be topped with assorted berries and light whipped topping for a yummy alternative to syrup. To cut down on the sugar, lightly sprinkle them with powdered sugar.