The recipe that single-handedly convinced my picky eater to try zucchini.
- 3 eggs
- 1 cup vegetable oil
- 3 cups sugar
- 2 cups grated zucchini
- 3 tsp vanilla
- 3 cups flour
- 1 tsp baking soda
- ½ tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- ½ cup chopped nuts (optional)
- Beat eggs until light and foamy. Add oil, sugar, zucchini and vanilla, mix lightly but well.
- In a separate bowl mix flour, soda, baking powder, salt and cinnamon. Add flour mixture to egg mixture and blend, then add nuts.
- Pour mixture into 2 greased loaf pans and bake at 325 degrees for one hour. Let cool slightly before removing from pans.
- This bread is super yummy--if you like banana bread you'll love this! It's the #1 most requested bake good in our house in the summer months, and the only reason my picky-eater son eats zucchini now. In fact, we have a friend who jokes he's addicted to it!