- 2 medium vine-ripened tomatoes
- 1 (7-oz) ball mozzarella
- 3 to 4 leaves fresh basil
- 2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- Slice the tomato into ⅓-inch-thick slices, discarding the stem and blossom ends, and arrange them on a plate.
- Slice the mozzarella into as many rounds as you have tomato slices and top each tomato slice with mozzarella.
- Cut the basil into threads and sprinkle them onto the cheese.
- Drizzle the caprese with the oil.
- For a different presentation, slide cherry tomatoes, cubes of mozzarella, and folded basil leaves onto bamboo skewers. Drizzle the skewers with olive oil and balsamic vinegar.