Creamy Baked Hash Browns
Baked potatoes? Bah! Mashed potatoes? Meh. Next time, try out this spud recipe: creamy, dreamy, cheesy, pleasy (and oh yeah, easy!)!
- 1 (2 lb) bag frozen hash browns
- 1 can cream of chicken soup
- ½ cup evaporated milk
- ¼ cup melted margarine or butter
- 2 cups sour cream
- 1 onion, chopped (optional)
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1½ cups grated cheese
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees.
- Mix together all ingredients, except for cheese, and pour into a greased cast-iron pan or 9 x 13 inch baking dish.
- Sprinkle grated cheese on top.
- Bake for one hour, or until hot and bubbly.
- This recipe is great for a breakfast buffet, should you need a winning dish to bring.
- You can use any type of grated cheese you like. Kids tend to prefer cheddar or jack, but for adults, try Swiss or Gruyere.