Easy Banana Bread
OK, so this one is totally obvious, but you won't be complaining when you're serving up a hunk of this classic for a busy-morning breakfast!
- 2/3 cup sugar
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- ¼ cup butter, melted
- ½ tsp vanilla
- ½ tsp nutmeg
- 1 cup ripe bananas, mashed
- 2 cups biscuit mix
- ½ cup walnuts
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Grease a large loaf pan and set aside.
- In large mixing bowl, beat together sugars, eggs, butter, vanilla and nutmeg.
- Stir in mashed bananas.
- Stir in biscuit mix and walnuts.
- Pour batter into prepared loaf pan and bake for 1 hour in preheated oven.
- Allow to cool 5-10 minutes in pan. Then, remove from pan and cool completely on a cooling rack.