Easy Morning Breakfast Casserole
Busy morning breakfasts don't have to equal cold cereal and frozen waffles. The secret? Get busy putting together this veggie, egg and cheese casserole the night before!
- 2 cups stale whole wheat bread, cubed
- 1 cup cheese (whatever kind you'd like)
- 1 cup meat (sausage, cooked ham, bacon, etc.)
- 1½ cups vegetables, diced (bell peppers, mushrooms, broccoli, onion, etc.)
- 6 large eggs
- 2 cups milk
- ½ tsp salt
- ½ tsp dry mustard
- Freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- Grease a 9 x 13-inch pan.
- Spread the bread out evenly in the bottom of the pan. Top the bread with the cheese, then the meat and veggies.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the eggs, milk, salt, dry mustard and pepper. Pour over the top of the ingredients in the pan. Cover with plastic wrap and let sit in the refrigerator overnight.
- In the morning, preheat oven to 350 degrees. Bake for about 1 hour or until casserole is firm and eggs are set.