Gingered Beets With Lemon Yogurt Dressing
Snag those canned beets from the back of the cupboard and whip up this sassy salad.
- 3 tablespoons vegetable oil
- ½ cup frozen chopped onion
- 1 teaspoon bottled minced garlic
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- 2 14-ounce cans whole or sliced beets, drained and rinsed
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon pepper
- 1 8-ounce container lemon yogurt
- In a large skillet over medium heat, heat the vegetable oil.
- Add the onion, garlic and ginger and cook until the onions are tender, about five minutes.
- Add the beets, salt and pepper, stirring well to mix.
- Remove from heat and transfer to a large serving bowl to cool.
- Refrigerate until ready to serve.
- Just before serving, pour the lemon yogurt over the beets; toss well to mix.
- For a nice variation, substitute a vinaigrette composed of ¼ cup lemon juice and ¼ cup olive oil for the lemon yogurt.