Ham and Cheese Egg Bake
Got extra buns? (We're talking the hamburger and hot dog kind.) Use 'em up in this yummy casserole.
- 3 hamburger or hot dog buns, split; or 6 slices of bread
- 6 large eggs
- 1 cup milk
- ½ tsp salt
- 1 (1 lb) boneless ham slice, cut into ½-inch cubes
- 1½ cups (6 oz) grated Swiss cheese or shredded Cheddar cheese
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Coat a 9-by-13-inch baking dish with cooking spray and set aside.
- Tear the buns into medium-size pieces and place in the dish; set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine the eggs, milk, and salt, stirring well with a whisk to mix. Stir in the ham and 1 cup of the cheese. Pour the mixture over the buns, pressing with a spatula or spoon to submerge them.
- Sprinkle with the remaining cheese. Bake until the eggs are set, about 20 to 25 minutes.