Sausage and Cheese Biscuits
Pack breakfast inside a biscuit and fuel up.
- 3 cups flour
- 1 tbsp + 1 tsp. baking powder
- ½ tsp salt
- ½ butter, cut into small pieces
- 1 pound pork sausage, cooked, crumbled and cooled
- 1 ½ cups shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 cup- 1½ cups milk
- In a large bowl, stir together the flour, baking powder and salt. Cut in the butter until crumbly.
- Stir in the cooled sausage and cheddar cheese. Add milk just until the dough comes together without being sticky. Be careful not to add too much.
- Roll out dough and cut out with a biscuit cutter, shape about a ¼ cup of dough into a biscuit shape or just drop onto a baking sheet. (I used the shape-by-hand method and made 18 biscuits.) Bake at 400 degrees for 12-18 minutes, until lightly golden brown on top.