Easy Shrimp Soup
So this is what Bubba was telling Forrest about on that bus ride! Add it to your "shrimp cocktail, shrimp gumbo, shrimp scampi, shrimp kebabs..." repertoire.
- 1 pound large peeled and deveined shrimp, fresh or frozen
- 1 cup frozen chopped onion
- 1 teaspoon bottled minced garlic
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 cup dry white wine
- 1 8-ounce bottle clam juice
- 2 14½-ounce cans Italian-style diced tomatoes
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon pepper
- ¼ teaspoon crushed red pepper
- 1 cup crumbled feta cheese
- In a large saucepan over medium-high heat, cook the onion and garlic in the olive oil until the onion is tender, about 5 minutes.
- Add the wine, clam juice, tomatoes, salt, pepper and crushed red pepper and bring to a boil.
- Reduce the heat to medium and simmer for 5 minutes, until thickened.
- Add the shrimp, and cook 3 to 5 minutes, just until the shrimp turn pink.
- Add the feta and stir until softened.
- You can vary the seafood and cheese in equal quantities to suit your own taste.
- For a complete meal, add a crusty bread and simply dressed salad greens and—voila! Dinner is served.