Three-Cheese Spinach Quiche
Great for breakfast! Or lunch! Or dinner! We love a meal that's as versatile as we are.
- 4 cups fresh baby spinach, chopped
- ¼ cup sweet onion, chopped
- 4 eggs, beaten
- 2 cups low-fat cottage cheese
- 2 cup reduced fat cheddar cheese, shredded
- 1 cup Swiss cheese, shredded
- ¼ cup corn cereal flakes, crushed
- 1 premade pie crust, raw
- Heat oven to 325°.
- Place spinach in a small sauce pan and cook over medium heat, stirring occasionally until soft.
- Drain off extra liquid. In a large mixing bowl, combine spinach with eggs, onion and cheeses.
- Pour mixture into pie crust and bake for 45 minutes.
- Remove from oven and sprinkle with crushed cereal flakes.
- Return to oven and bake an additional 15 minutes.
- Let cool 10 minutes.
- Too light? Add sausage or other vegetables for a richer taste and texture.