Evelyn's Easy Carrot Orange Cake
Not too carroty, not too orangey, and with the right amount of cinnamon...Get those carrots out of the fridge and get grating!
- 1½ cups of flour (wheat flour is great, but regular is fine too)
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 3 tsp of cinnamon (or more, or less)
- 1 tbsp of vanilla (or more or less)
- ¾ to 1 cup sugar
- ¾ cup oil
- 1 cup grated carrot
- 2 eggs
- 1 small orange (I use clementines), peel removed and diced finely
- Put everything but the fruit of the orange in a mixing bowl, and mix.
- Squeeze the juice of the orange into the batter, stir.
- Pour into a buttered glass baking dish, and bake at 350° for 40 minutes or until toothpick comes out clean.
- I usually "ice" this cake with about 2 ounces of cream cheese mixed with honey as soon as I pull it out of the oven. You can add nuts and wheat germ to the batter as well, and it tastes great!