Peanut Butter & Jelly Cupcakes
You're thinking: Hmmm, if only PB&J could be a REAL dessert. Wish granted. (Peanut butter frosting? Yes!)
- 1½ cups of flour
- 1½ tsp of baking powder
- ½ tsp salt
- 1 stick of butter, unsalted and softened
- 1 cup of sugar
- 1 tsp of vanilla extract
- 2 large eggs
- ½ cup of whole milk
- ¾ cup strawberry jam or preserves
- 2 cups of peanut butter frosting
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line 12 muffin cups with paper baking cups.
- In a large bowl, sift together flour, baking powder, and salt and set aside.
- In a separate bowl, cream together the butter, sugar and vanilla with an electric mixer. Add the eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition, then add milk. Slowly add the flour mixture and combine until the batter is uniform. Do not over mix.
- Fill each cupcake liner halfway with batter. Drop a tablespoon of the jam in the center of each cupcake and then top with more batter so that they are a little more than three-quarters full.
- Bake for 20 minutes, or until the cupcakes spring back when touched lightly. Let them cool completely before icing with Peanut Butter Frosting.