Easy Enchilada Casserole
It's hard to resist hot, melty cheese and taco-spiced ground beef. It's also hard to resist an enchilada recipe that doesn't take six steps and two hours to make!
- 1 lb ground turkey or ground beef
- 2 (7-oz) cans whole green chili peppers, drained
- 1 (8-oz) can green enchilada (tomatillo) sauce
- 1 can pinto beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 tbsp taco seasoning
- 12 corn tortillas
- 8 oz shredded Monterey Jack cheese
- Red onions, slided (for garnish)
- Cilantro, chopped (for garnish)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees and spray an 8x8-inch pan or a casserole dish with cooking spray.
- In a large skillet, brown ground turkey or ground beef. Drain any fat, then add chiles, enchilada sauce, beans and taco seasoning.
- Line bottom of casserole dish with one layer of tortillas. Top with a third of the meat mixture. Add a second layer of tortillas. Repeat until all of meat and tortillas are used up. Cover with cheese.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 25 minutes.
- Sprinkle with cilantro and onions to garnish.