Lentil and Rice Casserole
We used to think "lentil" was the name of a Barbra Streisand film. This cheesy rice casserole has shown us the light.
- 1 cup uncooked brown rice
- 1 cup dried lentils
- 1 cup frozen chopped onion
- 1 (32-oz) container vegetable broth
- 1 tbsp dried Italian seasoning
- 1 tsp salt
- ½ tsp garlic powder
- 1 (8-oz) package cheddar cheese, shredded
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Coat a 1½-quart casserole dish with cooking spray.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine all the ingredients, stirring well to mix.
- Pour into the prepared dish.
- Bake, covered, 1½ to 2 hours.
- If you're not fond of cheese or want to cut back on dairy, this casserole works just as well without it.