Cheese Vegetable Bake
Yummy (for all ages!) and a great way to sneak in "hidden" veggies.
- 3-4 cups any veg you have handy, finely processed in a mixer. I use carrots, sweet potato and broccoli
- 1 small loaf of day old bread, we use sour dough but any will do (also processed into crumbs)
- 12 eggs
- 2 bags grated sharp cheddar
- 1 cup milk
- Seasoning...salt, pepper, 1/4 tsp dry mustard and 1/8 tsp cayenne pepper
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- Cook processed veggies in olive oil, over medium heat, for about 10 mins and allow to cool
- Wisk eggs, milk and seasoning. Stir in cooled veggie mixture, bread crumbs and most of cheese, leaving a little to sprinkle on top
- Put mixture in a greased 9x13 glass baking pan a chill in fridge over night
- Bake at 350 untill golden brown and bubbling, about 1 hr
- I hope this is a useful to others as it has been to us. It's a great, healthy way of sneaking in veggies with a more fussy eater. Cut into small squares it's a great finger food and for older toddlers the slightly sticky texture makes it great to practice using a fork. The only disadvantage is it can't be make in big batches and frozen, but this recipe does last several days in the fridge.